<-- side bar navigation menu
~ Cottage Listings
Buy Cottages from Owners
Welcome to your Ontario Cottage Portal a source for Vacation Properties!
Why buy a cottage versus renting one. That is the debate that has been mulled
over by millions. Invest and hope for gain or simply go out and enjoy what
nature has to offer without the worry of ownership.
With a desire to be in a specific area because of region, family or friends
then you will no doubt consider buying versus renting. A cottage today
in desirable areas run anywhere from a few hundred thousand into seven
figures. You really need to take your time and decide what your budget
is and the minimum you want in a cottage.
If you enjoy traveling and experiencing different areas then it is a no
brainer to rent unless you have deep pockets. The cost of renting a cottage
or cottages for even four weeks per year can mean only the taxes are covered
for the owner, one of the main reasons people rent out their vacation properties.
Things to consider before purchasing your Vacation Property.
1. Cost and budget constraints
2. Are you prepared for the chores around the property (lawn, painting,
3. How many bedrooms, bathrooms or specialty rooms do you need?
4. What amenities do you want, (air conditioned, heated, insulated, etc)?
5. Do you want a beach, diving board or platform, docks, hot tub, etc?
6. Do you want a boat (size, motor, etc)
7. How close do you want to be to your neighbours?
8. Can your cell phone be reached in the area?
9. Can the property be rented out if you decide to do that.
Why ownership of a Vacation Property is good
1. Pride of ownership in an asset that grows in value.
2. A vacation property handed down generation to generation
3. Available anytime you wish.
4. An entertainment platform for invited family, friends and associates.
5. If needed it can be rented out to help offset the annual costs.
There are numerous more questions you can ask yourself before you make
a decision to buy versus renting. Things to further consider is that
you should be prepared to spend at least two percent of the properties
value annually on repairs and upkeep. You should have ten percent of
the value of the vacation property available for immediate use in case
of unforeseen disasters.
- Ontario Cottages welcomes you to this site! If you are looking for a cottage to rent, buy or sell in Ontario this is the right spot. Simply click on the top buttons for the listings complete with a search feature, mostly private listings by cottage owners or cottage resorts. The upper right banner represents advertisers, private cottages, resorts, cottage related activities like houseboat rentals and on occasion a real estate agent or agency finds it's way here.
- RENT or BUY a private Ontario Cottage or vacation property, Click Here to Search Ontario Cottages Search!
- Post your Ontario Cottage or vacation property for rent or sale,
Click Here to List your property.
- Attractions, right column, will lead you to activities, events, and points of interest that selected areas offer vacationers within Ontario Cottage Country.
- Pricing for Cottage and Resort Owners: advertise on Ontario Cottages by selecting the Pricing to see the details and rates for the listing service or for banner advertising Click Here
The Trent Severn Waterway resources: TTSW.ca: TTSW MAP - KM from any lock to any Lock - Details for all Locks - How Lock #21 works.